As of July of 2016, Kitty Hawk Kites’ new Adventure Tower at Waves Village Watersports Resort in Rodanthe, NC is open for business!
The newest, most physically challenging attraction on Hatteras Island, the course features three levels and a total of 15 climbing elements that are designed to challenge all ages and skill levels.
The first of its kind south of the Herbert C. Bonner Bridge, vacationers on Hatters Island won’t have to travel 30+ minutes north to the First Flight Adventure Park in Nags Head or the Corolla Adventure Park in Corolla to take on a ropes course during their Outer Banks getaway.
Not so many years ago, there were no ropes courses on the Outer Banks…. now there are three!
Unlike the attractions to the north, the Kitty Hawk Kites Adventure Tower was designed and manufactured by KristallTurm, a world-renowned leader in the industry. The structure is constructed mostly out of steel and can accommodate up to 20 participants during any given time.
Thanks to some really great engineering, this course is extremely safe. Participants will be strapped into a harness and will always (no matter what) be secured by at least one line of ultra-strong steel cable that’s attached to the course. The system will not let you ascend the course without being strapped in.
Safety is a #1 priority – as it should be!
Things To Know About The Kitty Hawk Kites Adventure Tower
- All participants that are under 10 years old or under 54 inches (4’ 6”) tall must be accompanied by a paying adult – no exceptions!
- You MUST be at least 48 inches tall and under 260 pounds to participate.
- All participants must complete and submit a waiver before participating. If you are under 18 years old, a waiver must be signed by a parent or legal guardian.
- You may not enter the tower area without proper harness and safety equipment provided by the Kitty Hawk Kites staff.
- Every person entering the tower must be attached to the safety system.
- Pregnant women, or guests with any medical conditions including heart conditions, respiratory problems, high blood pressure, neck or back pain, epilepsy, or other significant physical conditions, should not participate on the tower.
- All glasses and eyewear should be secured with a strap before entering the tower.
- Closed-toe shoes must be worn to participate.
- For safety reasons, shorts or pants must be worn to participate. No dresses or skirts allowed.
Participants are encouraged to climb within their own abilities… Don’t overdo it! Only one climber per challenge will be allowed at any time, with the exception of if a child needs the assistance of an adult.
How Much Does The Hatteras Island Ropes Course Cost?
At the time of writing this post, the cost to take on the Kitty Hawk Kites Adventure Tower is $45 for a general admission pass (ages 10+). Children ages 6 to 9 will pay just $35 to participate.
The duration of this activity is about an hour and a half however, you can stop at any time if you are tired or decide that you no longer wish to participate. It’s super easy to exit the course, so don’t worry!
Oh, and once you’re done with the course, be sure to stop in at Good Winds Restaurant for lunch or dinner. The restaurant is located above the Kitty Hawk Kites store nearby and boasts awesome views of the Pamlico Sound along with excellent seafood, sandwiches, and salads.
Waves Village Watersports Resort
Rodanthe, NC 27968