All You Can Eat Crab Legs Outer Banks NC
Come hungry and fill your plate to the brim with as many crab legs as your heart and stomach can handle! For those picky eaters in your group you can rest assured knowing there's plenty to choose from at each of the buffets listed.
Below we've compiled a list of restaurants on the Outer Banks that offer buffets with all-you-can-eat crab legs.
Jimmy's Seafood Buffet
Come for the hot and unlimited crab legs and stay for the southern hospitality. Prepared with love and an ample amount of butter, select from a wide array of seafood offerings. During the summer, consider arriving as soon as they open to limit your wait time.
Jimmy's is well loved by perennial Outer Banks vacationers and it shows by the number of patrons patiently waiting for an open table for dinner. Come once, come every year. Jimmy's is an institution that's been operating for 20 something years and is sure to still be operating 20 more.
4117 N Croatan Highway
Kitty Hawk, NC 27949
Captain George's Seafood Restaurant
Not the one and only - there are four - but of course the one in Kill Devil Hills is the best because, well, it's the Outer Banks! Unlimited snow crab legs await, along with many other soon-to-be favorite options like crab stuffed mushrooms, carrot cake and mac & cheese.
Friendly service and thankfully reasonable wait times because the dining room is pretty expansive. Buffet pricing is similar to the competition located due north. Don't be surprised if you end up overeating, it's a buffet after all!
705 S Croatan Highway
Kill Devil Hills, NC 27948
Is your mouth watering yet? Here are a few other restaurants on the Outer Banks where you can order crab legs.
- Dirty Dicks Crab House
- Pangea Tavern
- The Dunes Restaurant
- Tale of the Whale
- Miller's Waterfront Restaurant
- Awful Arthur's Oyster Bar
- I Got Your Crabs Shellfish Market and Oyster Bar
Where do snow crab legs come from?
A common misconception is that snow crab legs are harvested from the waters just off the coast of North Carolina. Truth is, snow crabs (or queen crab) are found in the North Atlantic and North Pacific waters. These crabs prefer deep, cold-water conditions.
How to prepare snow crab legs at home.
Would you rather cook crab legs at your Outer Banks vacation rental home? Follow these simple steps below.
- Fill a large pot halfway with water and bring to a rolling boil. Add salt and Old Bay seasoning.
- Place (1/4) cup butter in a small saucepan and melt at medium-low heat. Remove the saucepan from the burner when it begins to foam. Pour butter into a small bowl.
- Place crab legs in a pot with boiling water and reduce heat to medium. Simmer pot for about 6 minutes.
- Remove crab legs from pot and sprinkle melted butter, Old Bay seasoning, and squeezed lemon on top and eat ASAP!