Outer Banks Water Park H2OBX - Everything You Need To Know
A new, state-of-the-art $46 million outdoor water park is opening near the Outer Banks during the summer of 2017! H2OBX Waterpark will be yet another reason to vacation on the barrier islands off the coast of North Carolina.
Located in southern Currituck County, H2OBX will sprawl across 80 acres just off of U.S. 158 in Powells Point, N.C., three miles north of the Currituck Bridge, the northern gateway to the Outer Banks. The park is expected to attract 4,500 people a day during tourist season and create more than 200 full-time and seasonal jobs for area residents.
Immerse yourself in eastern North Carolina’s past with pirate ships and the Wright brothers while enjoying modern amenities and exhilarating new rides. With rides like Queen Anne’s Revenge and Wild Horse Run, you’re sure to have an unforgettable time at North Carolina’s newest waterpark!
Enjoy breathtaking ocean-to-sound views just before you shoot down one of the park’s many watersides. H2OBX offers guests resort-style comfort paired with wholesome family fun. Take a relaxing spin down Teach’s Tides Adventure River, or brave the five-story thrills of Rip Tide. With more than 30 exciting attractions throughout the park, you’re sure to find fun that’s just your speed.
In addition to all of the exciting rides at the waterpark, you can stop by Wright Stuff Retail for great on-site shopping and settle in for a meal at the Tidal Grille. Or, if you’re craving resort-style indulgence, head for a relaxing private cabana. These lounging spaces bring coastal comfort to a whole new level.
H2OBX brings the best of the Outer Banks’ storied past together with its vibrant present.
H2OBX Ticket Prices
Ages 2 & Under: FREE
General Admission (42″ & Taller): $49.99
Children (Under 42″ Tall): $44.99
General admission tickets for H2OBX Waterpark are dated so that they can closely monitor the attendance at the waterpark to ensure guests have a great experience during their visit. General admission tickets cannot be refunded or transferred to another day.
According to their website, H2OBX will offer a ‘Good Neighbor’ discounted ticket program to Dare & Currituck County residents, whereby daily tickets are sold at the Guest Services office valid only for the date of visit. All purchasers must show a valid Dare or Currituck county picture ID card such as a driver's license or student identification card from an affiliated county school.
Rides at H2OBX Waterpark
According to a press release on the companies website, some of the attractions at H2OBX Waterpark on the Outer Banks will include:
- FlowRider®, Surfing Simulator
- Twin Tides dual entry Wave Pool
- 30,000 square foot Action Wave Pool
- Adventure Lagoon featuring balance, climb and crawl across floats and structures
- Two high-speed Colorado Drop tube rides over 500 feet long and 71 feet long
- 90-foot tall Aqua Drop launch capsule free-fall slide
- 90-foot tall Flat Line Loop body slides with launch capsule translucent fiberglass
- 50-foot drop Boomerango inner tube ride wall stall and Aqua Lucent lighting
- SuperBowl thrill ride with Aqua Lucent lighting and open bowl with a distinctive sawtooth edge
- 500-foot long Constrictor slide featuring high-speed tight turns
- 500-foot long Boomerango family raft ride with drops, weightless wall and zero gravity hump
- 540-foot long family raft ride over 540 feet long with open and enclosed sections and Aqua Lucent lighting
- Five Kid’s body and tube slides offering turns and loops
- Pirate themed aqua play structure with more than 70 interactive features and seven slides including the Champagne Bowl body slide
- 50 Cabanas
- 4 distinct Food & Beverage outlets
Aquatic Development Group is the company responsible for turning the dream into a reality.
Headquartered in Upstate New York, ADG’s client list includes a few places you may have heard of, including Sea World, Disney, Six Flags, Wet n’ Wild, Dollywood, Jay Peak Mountain Resort, Marriott, Hyatt, Gaylord Resorts, Camelback Mountain Resort, Kalahari Resorts, Hollywood movie productions and more.
H2OBX is expected to open by Memorial Day 2017 (Monday, May 29).
8526 Caratoke Highway
Powells Point, NC 27966