Grab your blankets, beach chairs and friends and celebrate Independence Day with fireworks in Kill Devil Hills, NC! The fireworks display will take place on July 4th at Avalon Fishing Pier at milepost 6.
What better way to spend an evening while on vacation than watching fireworks explode over the Atlantic Ocean?!? If you ask us, the best place to watch the fireworks is from the beach.
If you’d rather hang out at your home or vacation rental home, you should be able to see the fireworks display, so long as there are no large obstructions blocking the view!
Fireworks will begin around 9:00 PM ET on July 4th.
Here are some helpful tips from the town of Kill Devil Hills on how to make your July 4th on the Outer Banks more enjoyable:
- Only park in designated areas so as not to hinder emergency response vehicles.
- Cross only at marked crosswalks or at police-controlled locations.
- Don’t drink and drive!
- When walking remember some drivers may not see you.
- Walk facing traffic using road shoulders and use sidewalks.
- Wear bright or reflective clothing and carry light when walking or riding bicycles.
If you decide to let off your own fireworks, here are some more tips from the town:
- Fireworks that explode or fly through the air are illegal in Kill Devil Hills.
- Always use fireworks under adult supervision; keep small children and pets safe.
- Have an extinguishing device readily available at all times.
- Always be aware of your surroundings: extreme heat, high winds, and dry weather conditions can increase the chances of an unwanted fire.
- Make sure the area is clear of anything that could ignite and cause a fire, and do not aim or shoot fireworks at any person or group.
- Wet the surrounding area to avoid setting grasses or other yard materials alight.
- When finished, always douse any remaining pieces and properly dispose of them.
The Kill Devil Hills fireworks event is made possible in part by a grant from the Dare County Tourism Bureau.